Sweet Potatoes can be serves as one of baby’s first foods. It tastes great and is rich in Vitamin A and beta carotene as well as potassium. It also contain a good amount of Vitamin E, calcium and folate.
You can get a small paint bucket full for GHC 5 when it is in season and a little more than that out of season but is relatively cheaper than buying the already processed bottled ones. one small tuber makes about 3 servings for a 6 month old baby.
Formula/ Breast Milk
1. Peel one tuber of sweet potatoes
2. Cut into small pieces and wash until very clean
3. Put in a pan with water and boil for about 15 to 20 minutes.
4. Let it cool
5. Use the water used in boiling potatoes to blend until smooth. Add more water if the mixture is too thick to blend.
6. Mix with breast milk or formula and serve.