“An apple a day keeps the doctor away” as the saying goes.
Apples are both nutritious and delicious and a great source of fiber for your baby and very easy to make too. They are available almost everywhere but try not to buy the ones that have been in the sun for long. I usually get a good deal on apples at Game (Accra Mall).
- Wash, peel and remove core. (a vegetable peeler is the best option for peeling the apples)
- Cut into sizable chunks and out in a pan
- Add water just enough to cover the apples in the pan.
- Boil until apple is tender (until they feel like pineapples)
Let it cool
5. Mash with fork for babies older than 8 months
6. Put boiled apples in a blender without water and blend until smooth.
7 small apples will give you about 6 servings and will cost you about GHC 12. Cheap too! That’s half price of a bottle of already made apple puree without the unnecessary preservatives.